Every Saturday morning, Living Zen Organics has a spot set up at Eastern Market, and I can't help but grab a couple of their kale salads. They are quick, easy, pretty darn good, and the kale does not get soggy like lettuce if you want to save them for a few days. I love grabbing these and taking them to work with me...talk about fast (and healthy) food.
I like to mix them up by throwing some raisins or cheese on top. Today I added a little cranberry-cinnamon goat cheese that gave the salad a sweet fall taste!
Do the following exercises for a minute before moving directly into the next move. Take a minute break, then repeat.
1. Bosu pushups
2. Reverse lunges (start with both feet on top of the round side of the Bosu, alternate lunging back with each leg.)
3. Bosu plank
5. Side squats right leg (start with both feet on the round side of the Bosu, squat out to the right side and return to center. I held 10lb. weights at shoulder height during this exercise.)
6. Side squats left leg
7. Quick feet (just like the football drill, on the round side of the Bosu)
8. Squats (use the flat side of the Bosu. keep feet at shoulder width apart and perform squats.)
9. Shoulder press (Balance on your right leg-flat side of the Bosu up.)
10. Curls (Balance on your left leg-flat side of the Bosu up.)
Whew! Done. A quick 20 minute workout to get your blood pumping this morning. Hope everyone has a quick and painless Tuesday. :)