Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/2 cup palm sugar (or other granulated sugar of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or arrowroot)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (dairy or nondairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine everything but the chocolate chips. Once the batter is combined and there are no lumps, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the liners 3/4 of the way with batter and bake in the oven for 32-35 minutes until firm to the touch and lightly browned.
I followed her recipe almost exactly, but changed the amount of sugar. Instead of using a 1/2 cup of palm sugar, I mixed brown sugar and unsweetened coconut to make up a 1/2 cup. The result turned out plenty sweet and chocolaty.
Any paleo-friendly pumpkin recipes I should try? Please share!