Eastern Market was rather slow today. I think some of the vendors must be taking time off because of the holidays. We ended up breezing through the main sheds for some fruits and veggies, and also stopped by DeVries for a hunk of Gouda. I love stopping in to sample (and purchase) all types of cheese, wonder if they are catching on yet?!
Weekly Food Prep
Once we returned home, we dedicated a half hour to our weekly food prep.
- julienning a zucchini (for future zoodles)
- julienning and dicing 3 sweet potatoes (for breakfast
- chopping up a pineapple (for easy grab-&-go or
- shredding a rotisserie chicken (we usually put
some in the refrigerator and some in the freezer to use later for either salads or stir-fry)
- using the chicken bones to make chicken broth (we will
either make chicken soup with veggies, or my favorite-egg drop soup!)
I have learned the hard way, that if I don't dedicate a little time to prepping my food on the weekend I will get lazy during the week and 'forget' to cook the food I have at home. (Usually turning to picking up food or heading out to a restaurant.)
This week I am looking forward to cooking pulled pork, crab cakes benedict, and egg drop soup. Recipes to follow!